Grill on the Hill – EggFest 2019
Join us for the 2nd Annual Cooking Competition!
We tried something new last year at the Top of the Hill and it’s safe to say it was a smashing success! Treetops Grill on the Hill is a Big Green Egg Cooking Competition, AKA an “Eggfest.” Cooking teams traveled from near and far to show us what the could do with these green dimpled ceramic grilling contraptions. Turns out people are literally obsessed with their Eggs – and with what we tasted from the competitors in 2018, it’s (over) easy to see why.
What is an Eggfest?
If you have never been to an Eggfest, you are in for a Treat! Make sure you come hungry. You don't want to arrive late afternoon and miss out on some really great eats...so come early and enjoy the day. There are two types of people who attend Eggfests; Cooks and Tasters. Cooks bring their best recipes and techniques to cook amazing food on provided demo eggs. Tasters show up and taste the amazing food that the cooks prepare on the eggs – and are the judges!
May 04, 2019
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Free to Attend
Admission for Tasters
The Tasters are the Judges! Bring your appetites…It’s going to be a great day!
- Adult 21 & up - $30
- Includes a T-shirt if you purchase your ticket by April 15th, 2019, 1 voting ticket, and (4) beer samplings
- Younger Adults (ages 13-20) - $30
- Includes a T-shirt if you purchase your ticket by April 15th, 2019, 1 voting ticket, and (2) pops or water
- Children (ages 12 & under) - Free
- Includes (2) pops or water
(Event is free to attend if not participating in tasting, drinking, or voting)
Calling All Competitors!
Are you a Big Green “EggHead” or want to be? You don't have to be a pro or even a seasoned egg-griller! Backyard BBQ enthusiasts will go head-to-head with the veteran BGE (Big Green Egg) owners. This event is open to all!
How do I register a team?
- Cost - $200 (good for up to 4 members on your team) and includes:
- Meat for Grilling Competition – (Pick only one)
- #50 12up chicken wings
- #45 St. Louis ribs (24 racks)
- #35 brisket (choice)
- #40 pork butt (boneless)
- One Large Green Egg with Nest, Conveggtor, Charcoal. *(Extra egg info - see below)
- 6’ Table & Chairs
- (4) Taster Bracelets
- (4) Beer Samplings Per Team Member
- (1) Voting Ticket for each category per team member
- (4) T-shirts if registered and paid by April 15th, 2019
Recommended for teams
Other things recommended for you to bring:
- 10x10 tent with strong anchors
- Coolers; Treetops provides the ice
- Serving pans with Sterno
- Small cups/trays to serve the food to guest
- Extension cords
- Any special decorations or signage: Aprons, hats, anything to be memorable and fun
No outside prepared food allowed
Items Allowed: Spices, Sauces, Rolls/breads that are bought from a commercial store
- Cooks may not bring in their own alcoholic beverages
*Additional Large Egg - $50 more. (Cooking with an extra egg is available on first come first serve basis. We are accepting team registrations through April 15th and once we see how many additional eggs are available, the will be assigned in order of request. In an eggshell, the sooner you register, the more favorable your chances).
Catagories & Prizes
This year tasters will get to vote for Best Ribs, Best Wings, Best Pork, Best Brisket, and the overall favorite People's Choice Award.
Buy a Demo Egg
Large Demo Egg, Nest & Conveggtor $799 (Regular Price: $1,060)
To arrange a demo egg purchase, call David, Adam or Aaron at Meyer Ace Hardware: 989-732-1394. You may pick up the egg after the event.
We are filling up quickly for this event so don't miss the Special EggFest Lodging Rates! Call 866-248-5249, option #2