Golf Course Policies
Treetops Resort is considered a resort facility open to the public. We allow advance tee time reservations without restriction (unless stipulated on a certificate that the guest is using). Future reservations are typically made by the reservations department while same day reservations are made by the respective golf shop directly. For guests booking golf only (no lodging), the most seamless way to book is to utilize our online tee times found on this website. If you do choose to call and book or book in person, you will be asked for the following information when requesting a tee time:
Golfers and guests on the course, practice area and within the social areas of the clubhouse must wear appropriate attire.
Men – Slacks or shorts and shirts with sleeves.
Ladies – Dresses, skirts, slacks or shorts and an acceptable shirt that does not show the midrif.
It is recommended that guest check in for their tee times at least 30 minutes in advance. NOTE...For guests playing the Tradition, please take note that the drive from the golf shop to the first tee is 10 minutes. Please plan accordingly.
Each occupant of the golf cart must sign a cart rental agreement to access the golf course. The starters will assess damage to the golf cart prior to the round. Any damage (not present prior to the round) will be assessed and billed to the driver's credit card. Below is a link to our cart rental agreement for your preview.
Those with a tee time will be given one bag of range balls from the golf shop for warm up prior to the round. Range balls will be sold by the golf shop for additional balls or for those who do not have a tee time. Proper attire is required for range use as well. Other than one night and one morning per week (when we clean pick the driving range and mow it), the driving ranges are open 30 minutes prior to the first tee time until dusk.
Additional riders may accompany a group on the course unless the course is busy and carts are at a premium. When the additional rider forces the group to take an additional cart, a fee of $25 will be collected. If a rider does not force the group to take an additional cart, no fee is charged.
Walking is allowed on the Tradition course only. Golfers may need to be shuttled to and from the Tradition course or they can drive their car there and park after checking in. All golfers must take a cart when playing the Masterpiece, Premier, Signature and Threetops (from time to time, we’ll allow walking on the Premier).
To insure the enjoyment of all guests at Treetops, we ask that you adhere to our Pace of Play Policy. If you feel you are unable to adhere to this policy, we are happy to accommodate a tee time (generally late afternoon) that is more suitable to your pace of play preference.
1. Treetops Resort asks that the lead group on each golf course play in less than the pace of play target for each course
- Masterpiece – 4:45
- Premier – 4:35
- Signature – 4:33
- Tradition - 4:02
2. All groups thereafter must either maintain that target pace or be in line with the group in front of them (do not worry about groups behind you, you can only control your position in relationship to the group in front of you) defined as follows:
- Par 3’s – group in front should be on the same hole or just pulling away as you arrive at the tee box.
- Par 4’s – group in front should be in the fairway or pulling to the green as you arrive at the tee box.
- Par 5’s – group in front should be in the fairway as you arrive at the tee box.
3. Should you fall behind this pace our rangers are instructed to inform you and ask you to make an effort to move into position:
- 1st Warning – Ranger will inform you of your position in relationship to time and/or the group in front of you and ask that you make an effort to improve your pace of play (How can we help?)
- 2nd Warning – Ranger will again inform you and ask you to move improve your position letting you know that if you don’t when he returns, we’ll be forced to move your group into position.
- 3rd Warning – Ranger will again inform you and ask that pick up your balls and move into position behind the group in front of you. (this may result in skipping a hole or two).
Golf carts should be kept at least 30 yards away from greens and tees. Use the cart paths near the greens and tees and the entire length of Par 3 holes.
Anyone who is 17 or under (or 18 and hasn’t graduated from high school) is considered a Junior Golfer. Juniors receive special rates and other benefits at Treetops. All golfers must have a valid driver’s license to drive a golf cart.
Twilight golf is a discounted rate for play in the afternoon on midweek days. Twilight is available Sunday – Thursday after 3pm. We do not guarantee the full round of 18 holes will be completed. Due to the demand for afternoon tee times on Threetops, we do not offer twilight on that course.
Due to the terrain found on our golf courses, we typically ask that groups begin returning to the clubhouse approximately one half hour prior to sunset. This is done for your safety and the safety of other guests.
Same day replays are available seven days a week and is defined as an 18 hole round played after another 18 hole round is completed. Replays are available on any Treetops 18 hole course and reward the golfer with a discounted rate. On Threetops, we do offer a PRE-play rate. This discounted rate is available when you play Threetops PRIOR TO an 18 hole round on that same day.
9 hole rates are published for only the Tradition and Threetops. Should a guest wish to play 9 holes on the Masterpiece, Premier or Signature, you should know that you will not finish anywhere near the golf shop.
When a round is interrupted or not started due to weather conditions, the guest may receive a rain check as it is Treetops Policy NOT TO ISSUE REFUNDS for inclement weather.
If the golfer has begun his/her round but it is interrupted by weather:
We do not allow any outside food or beverage on the premises, especially on the golf courses. All food or beverage must be purchased at our restaurant or golf shop lounges. For this reason, personal coolers are also prohibited on the golf courses. Food and Beverage not purchased at Treetops will be confiscated and returned to you at the end of your round.
Packed full of great pictures and information on Michigan's most spectacular golf resort.Download Brochure