Be a part of the fun and represent
your country in 2013
July 5 – 7, 2013
Call or e-mail Kevin McKinley
The Treetops Cup began in 2009 when 10 Americans and 6 Canadians descended on Treetops to participate in the inaugural event. How is that fair you ask? Two Americans just so happened to be from the Scarlet and Grey city of Columbus, OH. We made them honorary Canadians and they've been singing Oh! Canada ever since. They were unable to stop the American charge as the US claimed a 9 - 7 victory and were the first to drink from the Treetops Cup.
In a true testament to word of mouth marketing, the field grew in 2010 to 36 Americans and 32 Canadians. You better believe it, our honorary Canadians did everything but move across the border and participated for Team Canada once again. Again, it was the Americans claiming victory 35 - 33. Only this time, the cup had to be refilled several times in order for each American to get a chance to drink from the ever prestigious cup. 2011 saw 4 more player descend upon Treetops in a 36 on 36 battle and another victory for the US of A.
However, the tide turned in 2012 as the Canadians jumped out to a big lead in the team matches on day one and held on for the first victory for the Maple Leafs in the History of the Treetops Cup. Who will win in 2013? You (YES, YOU) could be part of the winning team. You simply need to sign up before we fill the field with 50 players per side. We've made some changes, so check it out below.
Cost in 2013 will be $379 for USA and $375 for CANADA. Subtract $100 if you do not need lodging at Treetops.
- Extra nights - $99 in the Inn and $139 in the Lodge
- Extra rounds - $35 for unlimited golf on Friday only. All other days are only $35 per 18 hole round and only $25 on Threetops.
CALL 855-292-8723 to book your room or tee times.
- All players will play from the white tees in 2013
- We will utilize the following courses for the following formats
- Saturday Signature - FOURSOMES (alternate shot)
- Saturday Tradition - FOURBALL (best ball)
- Sunday Premier - SINGLES
- Fireworks are now on Friday, July 5th
- For the first time ever, we'll introduce a Par 3 Shootout for those interested on Friday night at 6pm on Threetops. This will be outside of the normal entry fee for a buy in of $35. This event will not have anything to do with points for the Cup, but rather there will be a gift certificate payout and bragging rights up for grabs.
Here's the scoop on sign up for 2013:
- $100 deposit is required at time of initial sign up to reserve your spot (credit card or check to TREETOPS). This will reserve your spot in the field.
- Deposit will be refunded in full if you cancel prior to June 22nd. After June 23rd, the deposit will not be refunded.
- On June 1st, 2013 we will begin contacting you to pay the remainder in full. This will ease the check in process at the Welcome Reception on Friday, July 5th. Same as above in terms of cancellation for the payment in full as well. Should you cancel prior to June 22nd, we'll refund all you've paid. After June 23rd, we'll refund all but your $100 deposit.
- CLICK HERE TO MAKE DEPOSIT
Limited to the first 50 players on each team!!!!
Tentative schedule will be as follows:
Friday, July 5
- Practice rounds available for $35 per player (new this year…this will be an unlimited rate. Pay $35 and play unlimited golf for the day)
- 5pm - Check in begins at Treetops North
- 6pm - Par Three Shootout (optional at a buy in of $35). Format will be an elimination shootout with several flights based on handicap
- 8:30pm – Welcome Reception, Check in and Pairings Party for Saturday Matches. Under Tent on Top of Ski Slopes. USA buys the keg this year (reflected in the $4 additional entry fee)
- Dusk - Fireworks
Saturday, July 6
- Foursomes on Signature 7:30 – 9am AND 1:30pm – 3pm
- Fourball on Tradition 7:30 – 9am AND 1pm – 2:30pm
- Dinner (location TBD) 8pm
Sunday, July 7
- Singles Matches on Premier – 8:30am Shotgun Start
- Presentation of the Cup following play
Click here to download the 2012 Day 1 Summary Results
Click here to download the 2012 Final Summary and Singles Results
Spots will fill up fast. Be the first to sign up and reserve your spot today, contact Kevin McKinley, 989-731-8480, firstname.lastname@example.org